My first asdf theories

All things asdf (and anything else)
asdfholic
ASDF-ville inhabitant
ASDF-ville inhabitant

My first asdf theories

Post by asdfholic » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Please inform me of any inaccuracies in my theories. Thank you! :)

Theory #1
When spelled out phonetically, asdf becomes "ayesdeeef". We can then separate this into "A yes deeef". Now, considering the linguistics involved, the "de" in "deeef" can be turned into a "be", giving us "A yes beeef", which we can then assume means "A yes beef". From this, we get "A yes to beef" or "Say yes to beef". A warning to vegetarians everywhere?

Theory #2
If we translate asdf into Japanese, we get e su deai fuu. This translates into "handle nest encounter seal". From this, we get "Handle of a nest encounter, sealed." Now, a "nest" is generally regarded as a home, so we can get "Handle of a home encounter, sealed." We can assume "handle" means door or doorknob, so we get "Door of a home encounter, sealed." We can then easily rearrange the words to make more sense: "Encounter the door of a home, sealed" or "Encounter the sealed door of a home." "Sealed door" is likely to be a locked door, so "Encounter the locked door of a home" or, more simply, "Find the locked door of a home."
Now, e su deai fuu can also be translated into "painting vinegar encounter seal". The first thing one would think of that upon encountering vinegar needs a seal is baking soda, also known as bicarbonate of soda, so we get "Painting bicarbonate of soda". If we assume this means it is made of carbon-based paint, we get "Painting soda". Translating "soda" to Japanese, we get "so da", which means "that is right", thus getting "painting that is right" or "painting that is to the right".
Thus, find the locked door of a home, and there will be a painting to the right.

Theory #3
If we take asdf and stick a 2 after each letter, we get a2s2d2f2. a2 is a well-known musical term meaning "all together". s2 can be made into s^2, which is the formula for a square area. d2 is half of the robot R2D2's name. f2 spelled phonetically is "Eff'd you". We can assume "Eff'd" is a verb because of the "'d". One such verb would be effaced, meaning to wipe out or erase. So, we get "all together, square area, robot, effaced you". By "you", we can assume this means the human species, so we get "All together, square area, robot, effaced human species" or "All together in a square area, robots effaced the human species. An eerie prophecy, indeed...

Once again, these are my first, so please let me know if any adjustments need to be made!

--Mihara-pyu, asdfholic

atomtengeralattjaro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:49 pm

:shock:
*speechless*

(i'm guessing wall of fame?)
Ivokyuftaf6666 wrote:Awesome Site, Delivering Fun

Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by Shai'tan » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:50 pm

Incredible! :D

And Atom, you and CX are in charge of that, so in theory you can put him on the WoF...
Quote of the Ages:
atomtengeralattjaro wrote:The Forums of ASDF turn, and Pages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Page that gave it birth comes again. On one Page, called the Six Hundred and Ninety Fifth Page by some, a Page yet to come, a Page long past, a post was made by atomtengeralattjaro. The post was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Forums of ASDF. But it was a beginning.

atomtengeralattjaro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:53 pm

i know, i just didn't wanna judge so quickly, but oh well.

oh and asdfholic, welcome to the ASDF forums, enjoy your stay 8)

Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by Shai'tan » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:00 pm

Welcome to the ASDForums™! ASDF will take care of you from now on... :D
Quote of the Ages:
atomtengeralattjaro wrote:The Forums of ASDF turn, and Pages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Page that gave it birth comes again. On one Page, called the Six Hundred and Ninety Fifth Page by some, a Page yet to come, a Page long past, a post was made by atomtengeralattjaro. The post was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Forums of ASDF. But it was a beginning.

CX gamer
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by CX gamer » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:49 am

Welcome, oh great follower of ASDF... :)

Welcome also on the Wall of Fame for you excelent theories...

Lastly, I wish to welcome you in name of all of us, welcome to our little community, we will aid you in your first steps towards total ASDF enlightenment... :)
Quote of the TimePeriod:
Arkannine wrote:Mexico is the only country in the world in which Mexicans are born.
[Full story]

Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by Shai'tan » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:05 pm

:o

You should be honored, asdfholic, you just got the best welcoming message anyone have got in ages, if ever... O.O
Quote of the Ages:

CX gamer
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by CX gamer » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:36 am

I hope it doesn't become a standard welcoming ™... :?
Quote of the TimePeriod:
Arkannine wrote:Mexico is the only country in the world in which Mexicans are born.
[Full story]

Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by Shai'tan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:00 am

I hope not, it wouldn't be fair :P
Quote of the Ages:

CX gamer
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by CX gamer » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:49 am

Fair against who?!...
Quote of the TimePeriod:
[Full story]

Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by Shai'tan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:53 pm

Fair to asdfholic :|
Quote of the Ages:

asdfholic
ASDF-ville inhabitant
ASDF-ville inhabitant

Post by asdfholic » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:20 pm

Arigatou, arigatou gozaimasu! :oops: I feel so honored!
Guns don't kill people, guys in Speedos kill people.

steel
Experienced ASDF'er
Experienced ASDF'er

Post by steel » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:57 pm

Are you on the WoF yet?

Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by Shai'tan » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:14 am

He is... Must be a record, first post and WoF :P

Arigatou, arigatou gozaimasu! :?
Quote of the Ages:

CX gamer
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by CX gamer » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:15 am

Well I'm not keeping track... But I think this might be a record...
Quote of the TimePeriod:
[Full story]

atomtengeralattjaro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:44 pm

i remember someone was WoF'd on his first day, not sure if it was first post though..

asdfholic
ASDF-ville inhabitant
ASDF-ville inhabitant

Post by asdfholic » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:11 pm

:D

(Sorry, I love Japanese. *laughs* It means thank you. Thank you very much. But without the Elvis. )
Guns don't kill people, guys in Speedos kill people.

CX gamer
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by CX gamer » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:35 pm

atomtengeralattjaro wrote:i remember someone was WoF'd on his first day, not sure if it was first post though..
Yes, I was thinking of that too... But I'm quite sure it wasn't his first post... And I smell an E in the username...
Quote of the TimePeriod:
[Full story]

atomtengeralattjaro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:22 pm

:o your letter-smelling skills pwn :oops:

CX gamer
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by CX gamer » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:07 pm

Well thank you...

You're salt-throwing skills are neat... ;)
Quote of the TimePeriod:
[Full story]