- We'll need a minimum of 2 people, preferably up to 4.
- We're gonna try to keep the posts short. I'm not going to count words or anything but maybe like a good 10 sentences max? We're trying to keep reading time down for those pressed for time.
- Besides conversations between players, let's try to limit posts to 1 or 2 in between DM posts (so I can make the world work as you act in it ).
- OOC (out of character) conversations should probably happen in PM or on another thread if someone wants to make that.
- If you have many questions for an NPC; please ask as many in one post as you can to keep things tidy.
- This 100% experimental and I'm not sure if it will work.
- Being as such, for building a character use the "Point Buy" system, or Array System for your main stats (15,14,13,12,10,8, assigned to STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA in any order). To keep things balanced, more info in resources below.
DO NOT ROLL YOUR STATS RANDOMLY, THIS LEADS TO MASSIVE IMBALANCE AMONG THE PARTY.
- Races can be any of the standard: Dragonborn, Drow, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Human, Tiefling
- Classes can be any used in the video playlist below, in the RESOURCES section. If you don't have the paid-for book your "free classes" are: Cleric, Fighter, Rogue, and Wizard
Where you are from, how you got to the island, etc. These things are for you to decide! All I need from your character is to be on this island when we start.
Mord is a small but populated island with one large port village. Stone buildings line the cobble streets that spread across the town like a wonderful web.
Taverns and Markets dot the town, and are filled with every type of folk from rich to poor, elf to orc, merchant to urchin.
The population would be a strong twenty thousand and known for it's fishing spots, and fisherman's tales!
Wiki for the rest of the world here!
Once you've built your character post it here! I think a simple enough format would be something like this for example.
Then maybe a link to your character sheet. A picture would be OK, as long as they aren't massive (use your best judgement here).
Code: Select all
Name: Enk Hrith Class: Monk Race: Half-Elf (Wood-Elf) Info: Enk is about 6 feet tall, bald, and wears his monastery gi which is green and white. He comes from the land of Jinsai and is on a spiritual quest to find his soul creature and become one in body and mind. I could probably fit a few more sentances in here if I wasn't so lazy, but let's not text wall anyone here.
Once we have a few people we'll start! I'll be checking this thread daily once we start, and LunarBot will be doing all of our rolling for us! Hope this will be a fun experiment for all of us.RESOURCES!
These will be needed if you decide to join in and make a character
WARNING: besides whats in the Basic E5 Rulebook, there isn't any free information available. So if you wan't to play a Monk for instance, you'll probably have to either pick up a book or get that info some other way from Wizards... sowwy
Your "free classes" are: Cleric, Fighter, Rogue, and Wizard, their info is in the handbook.
Basic E5 Rulebook, from WotC
Character sheets, from WotC
Handy Videos! Probably watch Video 3, 6, and 7 at the very least if you are new to D&D. You can build a class along with the guy (those videos are EXTREMELY HELPFUL), and if you made a magic person watch video 9.
- Click the "Fifth Edition Character Sheets"
- Use the "DnD_5e_CharacterSheet - Form Fillable.pdf" in the folder you get from that link.
Always remember: Good writing/DM Bribing will give you benefits