The Daily Thread

All things asdf (and anything else)
Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Re: The Daily Thread

Post by Shai'tan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:09 am

I don't know if you actually put your real birthday on your profile Atom, but if you did, happy birthday!
Quote of the Ages:
atomtengeralattjaro wrote:The Forums of ASDF turn, and Pages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Page that gave it birth comes again. On one Page, called the Six Hundred and Ninety Fifth Page by some, a Page yet to come, a Page long past, a post was made by atomtengeralattjaro. The post was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Forums of ASDF. But it was a beginning.

atomtengeralattjaro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:06 pm

Apparently I have put the real date on there, for some reason. Thanks! Being 106 feels weird.
Ivokyuftaf6666 wrote:Awesome Site, Delivering Fun

Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by Shai'tan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:36 pm

Today my grandfather died. He was 91 and has been in a home for the last few years. His health had been rapidly declining since Friday and he had been unresponsive since yesterday, so it didn't come as a shock. It is still sad.
Quote of the Ages:
atomtengeralattjaro wrote:The Forums of ASDF turn, and Pages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Page that gave it birth comes again. On one Page, called the Six Hundred and Ninety Fifth Page by some, a Page yet to come, a Page long past, a post was made by atomtengeralattjaro. The post was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Forums of ASDF. But it was a beginning.

Anonymously Famous
JKL; Assassin
JKL; Assassin

Post by Anonymously Famous » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:37 pm

It is still sad. I'm sorry for your loss.

Today I learned that a coworker who I really admire has Parkinson's, or some similar disease, and that he's on disability leave and has an expected 4-8 years to live. I haven't really processed it much. I also learned that I have been selected, both by him and by some other members of the company, to fill some of the role that he's had in the company. That means changes for what I do within the company, and most likely helping find someone who can take on a bunch of my current responsibilities.
BOTTOM TEXT
ThingerDudes wrote:The only reasonable amount of Nutella is infinity. Everything else is too little.
Proud poster of the 300kth post in General

Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by Shai'tan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:13 pm

That's terrible. Parkinson's is such a terrible disease. :(
Quote of the Ages:

Anonymously Famous
JKL; Assassin
JKL; Assassin

Post by Anonymously Famous » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:14 pm

It really is.
BOTTOM TEXT
ThingerDudes wrote:The only reasonable amount of Nutella is infinity. Everything else is too little.

atomtengeralattjaro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:45 pm

I'd like to say "Happy Women's Day!" but chances are no women will read this :|

Anyway, happy International "When's International Men's Day?" Day! This is the day when many (and I mean MANY) insecure men on the internet jump to whatabautism and ask wheter there is a men's day (it's nov. 19 by the way). Here is a guy on twitter answering all of them: https://twitter.com/Herring1967 It's entertaining, but also a bit sad. (Don't read too many of the reply threads.... some are bitter.)

Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by Shai'tan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:11 pm

Happy international women's day!

Haha, just saw that the searches for international men's day increases every international women's day: https://i.imgur.com/4fhbw2a.png
Quote of the Ages:

assdef
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare

Post by assdef » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:13 pm

atomtengeralattjaro wrote:I'd like to say "Happy Women's Day!" but chances are no women will read this :|
Correct. There are no women on the InterWeb.

Also, happy MAR10 Day!

It’s-a me, Mario! Everyone’s favorite-a Italian stereotype-a!

asdfkumquat
ASDF-ville inhabitant
ASDF-ville inhabitant

Post by asdfkumquat » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:01 am

hi all!!

looks like the last time i posted here as cyan was about a year ago, but i forgot my password, thus is asdfkumquat born again! i'm not an imposteur, i swear
appreciate the intl. women's day acknowledgement, boys 8) what a year it has been already - this not-so-proud american is studying in europe! i've missed you guys, but actually got in touch with keja again by chance - he is doing quite well.
i'm seeing many familiar faces, it's amazing some of you have stuck around for about ten years or more. it's true you never really leave.

Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by Shai'tan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:51 pm

Hi again cyan! We can reset your password if you want.

Where are you studying?

Yeah, it's amazing that it has been more than 10 years already.
Quote of the Ages:

keja
Space Cowboy

Post by keja » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:12 am

asdfkumquat wrote:hi all!!

looks like the last time i posted here as cyan was about a year ago, but i forgot my password, thus is asdfkumquat born again! i'm not an imposteur, i swear
appreciate the intl. women's day acknowledgement, boys 8) what a year it has been already - this not-so-proud american is studying in europe! i've missed you guys, but actually got in touch with keja again by chance - he is doing quite well.
i'm seeing many familiar faces, it's amazing some of you have stuck around for about ten years or more. it's true you never really leave.
yeah it makes me feel like a piece of turd for not sticking around tbh.
I mean i was busy from 2011ish to 2012ish but thats no execuse
I am the son and heir
Of nothing in particular

Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by Shai'tan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:39 am

Life does get busy. I wasn't that much around these last few years either I feel like.
Quote of the Ages:

asdfkumquat
ASDF-ville inhabitant
ASDF-ville inhabitant

Post by asdfkumquat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:55 am

Shai'tan wrote:Hi again cyan! We can reset your password if you want.

Where are you studying?

Yeah, it's amazing that it has been more than 10 years already.
thanks Shai! yes it would be lovely if you could reset my password

i was in berlin for two months and i’ll be in vienna until july. i’ll also be taking trips to kraków and ljubljana, possibly elsewhere too if i have time!

Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by Shai'tan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:59 pm

PM sent.

Ooh, that's awesome. I'm only slightly very jealous.
Quote of the Ages:

atomtengeralattjaro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:32 pm

Hi!!! :)
Safe travels!
Vienna is a great place. (And pretty close to Budapest. *waves* Ok maybe not THAT close. *stands up and waves again*)

Anonymously Famous
JKL; Assassin
JKL; Assassin

Post by Anonymously Famous » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:10 pm

Hi everybody!

Yesterday was the change over to Daylight Saving Time in the US, which means it'll be about two weeks until Europe changes over to Daylight Saving TIme. China and Arizona don't ever go over to Daylight Saving Time. Lots of countries in the Southern Hemisphere do, but they do it in reverse order, since our spring is their autumn, etc.
BOTTOM TEXT

atomtengeralattjaro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:43 pm

How cool would it be if we could all agree to stop this clock adjusting nonsense.

keja
Space Cowboy

Post by keja » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:13 pm

It seems pretty unnecessary but it doesn't really bother me in any way.
Small talk about it gets on my nerves though, the same as with the weather.
I am the son and heir
Of nothing in particular

Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by Shai'tan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:28 pm

It will happen on my birthday actually. Lots of things happening then. Palm Sunday, Summer-time begins, waffle-day, Silicon Valley season 5 and my birthday.

I actually like adjusting the clock, but we notice it a lot more than most of Europe and possibly America. Adjusting it means that the sun will rise at 7:04 instead of 6:04 and set at 19:43 instead of 18:43. Basically we gain an entire hour in the afternoon with more sun which is nice.
Quote of the Ages: