The Daily Thread

All things asdf (and anything else)
Ivokyuftaf6666
ASDF-Ville's Mayor
ASDF-Ville's Mayor

Please, read this carefully.

Post by Ivokyuftaf6666 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:46 am

Hello!
I am informing you that I will not visit ASDF for a while, I can not tell you how long exactly, because it is early to know for sure the official exact date of an exam I am getting ready for.
As I have explained ("Alphabetic posting" game, page 76, a move , starting on the letter C ) , I have to take some more exams. I should have more time to revise for them and also I should be concentrated.
That is why I will not login on ASDF for a certain period of time. I might wisit ASDF again, but I do not know when exactly.

I will remember ASDF for good only, so far.
-The Games section is interesting, I enjoyed taking part in its games, especially the "Alphabetic posting" game and the "Would you rather" game. The other sections are good, as well.
-The ASDF community is quite positive. Everyone on this site is well-intentioned to everyone and good, and all its users get on well with each other. Believe or not, this is something I did not meet on any other forum!
(actually that is why the sum of my posts on all other forums besides ASDF, altogether, is smaller than the number of my posts on ASDF)
-The user Froggychum impressed me by his qualities. He is also a very kind and friendly person, who always tries to be as good and helpful, as it is possible - to everyone. I will never forget his huge kindness! :)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
:)Ivokyuftaf6666 :)
Froggychum wrote:I respect you, anyone who can learn a second language is amazing.
Froggychum wrote:IVO IS EXCELLENT
Froggychum wrote:can we make a museum of Ivos work? pls?

Evai
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare

Re: The Daily Thread

Post by Evai » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:50 am

ASDF will miss you!
hobobuster wrote:hehe evai always has ta finish it off dun't he

atomtengeralattjaro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Good luck on your exam!
Ivokyuftaf6666 wrote:Awesome Site, Delivering Fun

assdef
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare

Post by assdef » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:51 pm

Evai wrote:Seems like Youtube didn't appreciate the ASDF song thing from 10 years ago, look at those dislikes :o https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRQJ2ChSdVM
:shock:

16,000+ views?! We've gone viral! Why didn't anyone tell me this?! ASDF is viral! I didn't realize I was part of a viral sensation!

Oh, man. So this is what it must have felt like to the The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show. What a feeling.
Ivokyuftaf6666 wrote:Hello!
I am informing you that I will not visit ASDF for a while, I can not tell you how long exactly, because it is early to know for sure the official exact date of an exam I am getting ready for.
Good luck on your exam. I have part three of a major exam to take next Saturday, but instead of studying for it, here I am on the ASDF Forums. #procrastinator

Evai
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare

Post by Evai » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:58 pm

assdef wrote:
16,000+ views?! We've gone viral! Why didn't anyone tell me this?! ASDF is viral! I didn't realize I was part of a viral sensation!
2008 was a different world, you could make a video of anything and get 1000 views :lol: Also I think I'm the only one that remembered the video existed

Froggychum
ASDF Prophet
ASDF Prophet

Post by Froggychum » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:51 pm

Good luck Ivo!

i have exams in about a week too :P

Wow, just watched it, ez like from me :3
I am the Meme King!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
image by Ivokyuftaf6666

assdef
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare

Post by assdef » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:43 pm

Evai wrote:
assdef wrote:
2008 was a different world, you could make a video of anything and get 1000 views :lol: Also I think I'm the only one that remembered the video existed
So...we’re not viral then? Rats.

Evai
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare

Post by Evai » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:26 am

I think if we changed ASDF to mean cats and JKL; to mean dogs then we'd have a chance at viral success. But you're asking me to rewrite the Book Of ASDF, and I don't want to anger the spirit of CX.

Froggychum
ASDF Prophet
ASDF Prophet

Post by Froggychum » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:36 pm

LOL
I am the Meme King!
image by Ivokyuftaf6666

Ivokyuftaf6666
ASDF-Ville's Mayor
ASDF-Ville's Mayor

Post by Ivokyuftaf6666 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:23 pm

Thanks to all of you for the positive comments and the good wishes!

To be honest, I realized that I can not survive without ASDF , after few days without it. In the first time when I saw ASDF (few days after my birthday last year), I liked ASDF so much, that I immediately registered on it, my feeling for ASDF is something like love at first sight. A Significant DiFference from all other forums on the Internet (I have described it in my previous post in this thread)!
That is why I will go on with visiting ASDF.

It is not necessary to say which section I will use more actively than the other sections on ASDF. :)

Of course, when I am not on-lne, I will be concentrated in getting ready for the exam I will take in more than a month. :)
Last edited by Ivokyuftaf6666 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Froggychum wrote:I respect you, anyone who can learn a second language is amazing.

Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Post by Shai'tan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:35 pm

Today we had a mandatory meeting at work where we found out that we are losing our jobs at the end of August. The entire Norwegian and Swedish Service Desks are being closed. In addition to this the User Administrations are also closing. Not the worst for me as it was just a temporary part-time job, but it still sucks to see all the people I've worked with for the last couple of years lose their jobs. Even my boss is losing his job. :(
Quote of the Ages:

atomtengeralattjaro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:09 pm

Shai'tan wrote:jobs
aww :(
Ivokyuftaf6666 wrote:I will go on with visiting ASDF.
:)

Froggychum
ASDF Prophet
ASDF Prophet

Post by Froggychum » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:06 pm

oh no shai'tan! I hope you are able to manage and stay friends with your co-workers (if that is such a thing) and that they thrive as well as you

YAY WELCOME BACK IVO, IT WAS FEELING LIKE INFINITE TIME OMG YAY HI!

My brother has flu today, and exams start tomorrow :P
I am the Meme King!
image by Ivokyuftaf6666

Ivokyuftaf6666
ASDF-Ville's Mayor
ASDF-Ville's Mayor

Post by Ivokyuftaf6666 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:03 pm

Something I would like to say to everyone who reads it or is reading it.

The more strongly A. likes B., the more harshly A. experiences an offend by B.

People who are certain about their qualities do not take an offend seriously when they have no feelings for the one who commits it.

ThingerDudes
ASDF Warlord
ASDF Warlord

Post by ThingerDudes » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:08 am

purple.com got sold to some mattress company wtf

Froggychum
ASDF Prophet
ASDF Prophet

Post by Froggychum » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:45 pm

rest in piece integrity of purple

just finished my science exam, my brother did his history one (and yeah it took me 40 mins to write mine, and 1.5 hours waiting for that [fellow "human"] to get done so i could go home)
I am the Meme King!
image by Ivokyuftaf6666

atomtengeralattjaro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:47 pm

Today I finally looked up the etymology of "semi truck" because it always confused me why they call it a semi truck when semi means half- or part- something...
Turns out it's because the trailer of such a truck is "half-supported", since it (the trailer on its own) only has wheels at the back. So they call the trailer "semi-trailer" and by extension they (Americans) decided to call the *whole* truck a "semi truck".
Even when there is no trailer on the truck, they call it a semi for some reason!
Mind-boggling.

Froggychum
ASDF Prophet
ASDF Prophet

Post by Froggychum » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:18 pm

it is always good to clear something like that up with yourself, good job!

Okay, so I have this French course I don't like in my grade 10 year, just started semester 2
I have been trying to drop it, even though I am great at french, and it is apparently a huge advantage in Canada (bilingual country), and also my mom has french heritage and can "speak" it. I am unsure if I want to drop it, because I do like french, and want advantages. This is a thing that makes me mad, the heritage means nothing to me, but my mom thinks it should and is annoying about it, I, hating my family, don't care about learning my mom's side language that I have never heard anyone speak, however my dads side being Moroccon probably could speak to me in French, which is the only way they could, then again, I really don't care about them, so still not a reason to learn it.

Anyway, I have been speaking to my schools [special "human" child] support, they are nice, but apparently I need my guardians permission to drop a course. Uh, why? I kind of get it, because some people might be stupid, after all, they ARE teens... but what if their parents are assholes? My mom constantly tells me about most parents beat their kids or whatever, not like that, but i think she just wants to make me think she is wayyyy better than anyone else, if she's the best it can get, then wow, im disappointed even further in people. Yeah, im a teenager so my views on parents are probs unreliable, just saying, fighting every day isn't my view of good family, also maybe she loves me, I don't feel the same way, maybe I just try not to, i aint soul searching here, just ranting

Anyway i have been trying to get a note from her for days, she neveer said she didn't want to give one, she is just horrible to talk to, so she hasn't remembered to give a note yet.. or whatever. Anyway we just had a fight , so now she says she Might support me, if she doesnt want to let me drop it, i will fail it, works for me.

Besides if i drop it, i will have to find a new cours,e which I am having trouble with, my choices are Physical ed, which i suck at, and would rather sit in a classroom and listen to people moan for 1.5 hours a day, than even lift a weight once. there were 2 other options, i dont remember one, and the third was guitar, which my brother took. I appreciate music, as i do french, they are both beautifuyl things. However, music was ruined for me throughout the entirity of elementary school, and i will neveer get back into again.

So i wanted to take a [special boi] period in the [special technically person room] but apparently, my options are shit for that too, and these are the only other ones i have been told of

Basically i can "keep up to date with my work" and get a credit, which works for me, i'll just play video games all day like my brother did, and pass with a credit.

Or i can take an ILC, for those my options are compulsaries, which i don't need help with, as i am fine with those, and already am taking all those int he future, don't need to mess my plan up like that.

There was a misc section, but all the courses are either grade 9, or grade 12.

However that is only 15% of them, the other 85% ar GRADE FREAKING 11 courses, being in grade 10, i don't really feel like i want to do that. Anyway, i ddint find anything i liked anyway, and anything i did like i was already taking NEXT YEAR

so this one coool teacher my brother lieks (he is on a 1st name basis with all the special child staff helpers buddy friends at my school) was talking to me and started going off on his own accord, speaking for me as i hate it when people do, and making meetings and shit i dont want to get me to do this thing i dont want to do, and it pisses me off....

Anyway the only thing that wasn't shit in that third period in "normal but differnet" human room and when i got home to talk to my "acceptable family member who basically owns me in this """CIVILIZED""" age" was that I was given a cool book i liked

I love reading, but haven't read a real book in 1-2 years, so instead of getting back into it, i decided to jump in and read A Brief History of Everything by Ken Wilbur, which the aforementioned teacher gave me, as he is a philosophy buff, and also a 40 year old nihilist who happens to be bald. Overall, nice guy, really nice guy.

Anyway i am halfway to understanding EVERYTHING, just kidding only made it in 30 pages D:

if this doesn't work out, it'll suck, all I need is a credit i can do... if not, i'll fail french, fail HS, never get into college, suffer in pain and hopefuly end it w/ suicide rather than dying in prison after stealing an apple for food. who knows, life sucks.

yeah we need a rant thread for shit like this
I am the Meme King!
image by Ivokyuftaf6666

Uly
ASDF Prophet
ASDF Prophet

Post by Uly » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:37 am

atomtengeralattjaro wrote:Today I finally looked up the etymology of "semi truck" because it always confused me why they call it a semi truck when semi means half- or part- something...
Turns out it's because the trailer of such a truck is "half-supported", since it (the trailer on its own) only has wheels at the back. So they call the trailer "semi-trailer" and by extension they (Americans) decided to call the *whole* truck a "semi truck".
Even when there is no trailer on the truck, they call it a semi for some reason!
Mind-boggling.
I always heard it called a tractor-trailer or 18-wheeler. It's really interesting to figure out how the 18 wheels are located.

Ivokyuftaf6666
ASDF-Ville's Mayor
ASDF-Ville's Mayor

Post by Ivokyuftaf6666 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:38 pm

To be honest, cucumbers put me off, in some way...