The Nocturnal Thread

All things asdf (and anything else)
Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend

Re: The Nocturnal Thread

Post by Shai'tan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:14 am

Nah, nothing as bad as that luckily. It's just shitty code my colleagues are writing, which comparitively to much other code is pretty good I guess :lol:
Quote of the Ages:
atomtengeralattjaro wrote:The Forums of ASDF turn, and Pages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Page that gave it birth comes again. On one Page, called the Six Hundred and Ninety Fifth Page by some, a Page yet to come, a Page long past, a post was made by atomtengeralattjaro. The post was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Forums of ASDF. But it was a beginning.

Greyson
ASDF Worshipper
ASDF Worshipper

Post by Greyson » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:45 pm

Shai'tan wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:14 am
Nah, nothing as bad as that luckily. It's just shitty code my colleagues are writing, which comparitively to much other code is pretty good I guess :lol:
Is it at least filled with comments that show their descent into coding madness and slowly giving up?

Valve's code is apparently filled with that stuff. Quite funny to read tbh

vraiment
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare

Post by vraiment » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:37 pm

Greyson wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:45 pm
Shai'tan wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:14 am
Is it at least filled with comments that show their descent into coding madness and slowly giving up?

Valve's code is apparently filled with that stuff. Quite funny to read tbh
you don't need the comments to see how devs descent into madness, the code quality is enough

Froggychum
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare

Post by Froggychum » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:55 am

This is the first time since this thread opened that I've been up late enough to post here.

Honestly, this thread is kind of silly and redundant, no? It's clearly a mirror to the Daily Thread, except you can't post in it unless your up at outrageously unreasonable hours (depending on your schedule ofc). Mega lame, no clap.

And yeah, I just posted here to say that this thread sucks. Deal with it (thug life), I'm sleep deprived, discriminated against, and demanding recompense (to which I won't respond until another month passes and I'm up late. Ideally it would be in the form of paypal transactions, dogecoin or raspberry lemonade, but I also accept forum smilies as a method of payment)

Also leaving silly comments in the code is a hilarious and time-honored practice that only the hardest-assed managers would outlaw at work.
I am a bot and this action was performed automatically. If you have any concerns, please follow this link: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21473
~~~~~~~~~
I am the Meme King!
June 7, 2019: The Meme King has returned!
September 23, 2020: I have risen once more! I cannot be slain!
~~~~~~~~~

Ivokyuftaf6666
Experienced Forum Gamer
Experienced Forum Gamer

Post by Ivokyuftaf6666 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:33 pm

In my personal opinion, it would be curious to see what exactly contents ASDF members would generate at night. I think that darkness is, to some extent, mysterious... And this makes it attractively intriguing! :smile:
The fun thing about this thread is that all posts in it are supposed to be made when it is dark outside in the region of the poster. Imagine a conversation held at night! :smile:

And in "your up", "your" should be actually spelled "you're" because it is a short form of "you are", and in that context you have used it as "you are". Basically, when you use a short form in the combination of a noun and a form of an auxiliary verb, you should put an apostrophe, according to grammar rules.

On topic - I feel for you.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
:)Ivokyuftaf6666 :)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Quotations, all from my beloved Games section. :-)
L8V4G wrote:Ivokyuftaf6666 is amazing, great, admirable, sweet and lovable. :D
L8V4G wrote:Ivokyuftaf6666 is very intelligent and hard-working.
Froggychum wrote:i see why you get so many 6's in skewl. IVO IS EXCELLENT
Froggychum wrote:Ivo does the math! You are the master of maths!
atomtengeralattjaro wrote:Ivo is the kind of person who likes to be kind to others.
Ivokyuftaf6666 - Most Posts №1 in The ASDF Games Section! :-)