Webcomic Thread

All things asdf (and anything else)
User avatar
Ml08180
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare
Posts: 9684
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:27 pm
Contact:

Webcomic Thread

Post by Ml08180 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Post links to your favorite active webcomics because all my favorite comics have ended and I need to fill the void within me because comics are cool!

Here's two I check a lot lately:

Monsterkind

Hazy London (the first chapter is currently getting redrawn so the art style and writing changes drastically 3/4 of the way through)
Image

User avatar
atomtengeralattjaro
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 34491
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 3:43 pm
Location: green
Contact:

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:38 am

Cool stuff! I always mean to get into reading a good webcomic but I can't make myself actually start. I guess I just don't like reading a lot on the PC screen. Maybe I should use a tablet or something.

I read a couple of tiny webcomics, the ones that aren't really coherent stories but small jokes and relatable stuff. Some of these are rather famous so you probably know them.
Sarah's scribbles
Webcomic Name
Things in squares
Catana
The Oatmeal
and of course xkcd.

Longer things I've been meaning to get into but have only read a little bit of so far:
Kill Six Billion Demons
Romantically Apocalyptic
Ivokyuftaf6666 wrote:Awesome Site, Delivering Fun
Image

User avatar
Ml08180
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare
Posts: 9684
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by Ml08180 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:03 pm

atomtengeralattjaro wrote:Cool stuff! I always mean to get into reading a good webcomic but I can't make myself actually start. I guess I just don't like reading a lot on the PC screen. Maybe I should use a tablet or something.

I read a couple of tiny webcomics, the ones that aren't really coherent stories but small jokes and relatable stuff. Some of these are rather famous so you probably know them.
Sarah's scribbles
Webcomic Name
Things in squares
Catana
The Oatmeal
and of course xkcd.

Longer things I've been meaning to get into but have only read a little bit of so far:
Kill Six Billion Demons
Romantically Apocalyptic
If you like xkcd, have you tried SMBC?
Image

User avatar
ThingerDudes
ASDF Warlord
ASDF Warlord
Posts: 20703
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:12 am
Location: close enough.

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by ThingerDudes » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:18 am

Perry Bible Fellowship
Space Avalanche
I like webcomics that update twice a year
Image

User avatar
Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend
Posts: 25935
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:14 pm
Location: Seven
Contact:

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by Shai'tan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:55 am

I actually have some comics bookmarked from when I used to read them:

http://www.cheerupemokid.com - Cheer up emo kid
http://explosm.net/comics - Cyanide & Happiness
http://www.penny-arcade.com - Penny Arcade
http://www.xkcd.com - XKCD of course
http://trenchescomic.com/comic/ - The Trenches
http://www.commitstrip.com/en/ - Commit Strip

You've probably heard about some of them.
Quote of the Ages:
atomtengeralattjaro wrote:The Forums of ASDF turn, and Pages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Page that gave it birth comes again. On one Page, called the Six Hundred and Ninety Fifth Page by some, a Page yet to come, a Page long past, a post was made by atomtengeralattjaro. The post was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Forums of ASDF. But it was a beginning.

User avatar
assdef
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare
Posts: 6848
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by assdef » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:07 am

<3 The Oatmeal
Image

User avatar
atomtengeralattjaro
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 34491
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 3:43 pm
Location: green
Contact:

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Ivokyuftaf6666 wrote:Awesome Site, Delivering Fun
Image

User avatar
Ml08180
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare
Posts: 9684
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by Ml08180 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Thanks for the links everyone! I'm gonna start working my way through them, I have a 4-hour downtime between groups of tutoring students where I just kinda sit in a college library surrounded by books that are far above my comprehension
atomtengeralattjaro wrote:http://falseknees.com
This has quickly become my favorite comic
Image

User avatar
assdef
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare
Posts: 6848
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by assdef » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:56 pm

For a short while I tutored overprivileged high school kids on how to take the SAT.

I wouldn't recommend it.
Image

User avatar
Ml08180
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare
Posts: 9684
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by Ml08180 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:19 pm

I tutor priority (ie "oh god how did you get through highschool?") cases for entry-level english classes, and a few literature classes
Image

User avatar
Anonymously Famous
JKL; Assassin
JKL; Assassin
Posts: 11355
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: Area ???, under Bermuda Triangle

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by Anonymously Famous » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:34 pm

I tutored my wife (Well, she wasn't my wife back then) in calculus.

I'll have to sift through some comics later and give you a list.
BOTTOM TEXT
ThingerDudes wrote:The only reasonable amount of Nutella is infinity. Everything else is too little.
Proud poster of the 300kth post in General

User avatar
Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend
Posts: 25935
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:14 pm
Location: Seven
Contact:

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by Shai'tan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:54 am

You slept with your student? I am dissapoint.
Quote of the Ages:
atomtengeralattjaro wrote:The Forums of ASDF turn, and Pages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Page that gave it birth comes again. On one Page, called the Six Hundred and Ninety Fifth Page by some, a Page yet to come, a Page long past, a post was made by atomtengeralattjaro. The post was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Forums of ASDF. But it was a beginning.

User avatar
Anonymously Famous
JKL; Assassin
JKL; Assassin
Posts: 11355
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: Area ???, under Bermuda Triangle

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by Anonymously Famous » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:49 pm

I did not.
BOTTOM TEXT
ThingerDudes wrote:The only reasonable amount of Nutella is infinity. Everything else is too little.
Proud poster of the 300kth post in General

User avatar
Shai'tan
ASDF's Best Friend
ASDF's Best Friend
Posts: 25935
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:14 pm
Location: Seven
Contact:

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by Shai'tan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:20 pm

Ok, I am no longer dissapoint.
Quote of the Ages:
atomtengeralattjaro wrote:The Forums of ASDF turn, and Pages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Page that gave it birth comes again. On one Page, called the Six Hundred and Ninety Fifth Page by some, a Page yet to come, a Page long past, a post was made by atomtengeralattjaro. The post was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Forums of ASDF. But it was a beginning.

User avatar
assdef
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare
Posts: 6848
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by assdef » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Anonymously Famous wrote:I did not.
Don't you have children? How did you have children if you did not sleep with your wife-student?
Image

User avatar
Ml08180
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare
Posts: 9684
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by Ml08180 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:52 am

Anonymously Famous wrote:I tutored my wife (Well, she wasn't my wife back then) in calculus.
I tutor my current boyfriend in Calculus
Image

User avatar
Anonymously Famous
JKL; Assassin
JKL; Assassin
Posts: 11355
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: Area ???, under Bermuda Triangle

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by Anonymously Famous » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:09 pm

I wasn't even dating my now-wife at the time I was tutoring her, actually.
BOTTOM TEXT
ThingerDudes wrote:The only reasonable amount of Nutella is infinity. Everything else is too little.
Proud poster of the 300kth post in General

User avatar
Ml08180
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare
Posts: 9684
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by Ml08180 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:43 am

That either puts me a step ahead or a step behind, but either way I'm stepping so there's that!
Image

User avatar
assdef
JKL;'s Nightmare
JKL;'s Nightmare
Posts: 6848
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by assdef » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:24 pm

Ml08180 wrote:I tutor my current boyfriend in Calculus
is this another euphemism? *insert joke about multiplying*
Image

User avatar
Anonymously Famous
JKL; Assassin
JKL; Assassin
Posts: 11355
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: Area ???, under Bermuda Triangle

Re: Webcomic Thread

Post by Anonymously Famous » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:23 pm

You could maybe derive something.
BOTTOM TEXT
ThingerDudes wrote:The only reasonable amount of Nutella is infinity. Everything else is too little.
Proud poster of the 300kth post in General

Post Reply